Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Anxiety and Panic Attacks

I don't think I officially introduced myself in my earlier posts. My name is Matt and I live in Liverpool, New York (Syracuse Area). I am 28 and have a great guy in my life. My partners name is Sean and we have been together for over 4 years now. I am a Restaurant Manager for Denny's. I went to college for Business Administration and seem to stay in the restaurant industry. There is something else that not many people really know about me. I have Anxiety and I believe Panic Disorder. I have yet to be diagnosed because I am never really fully honest. I have been on anti- depressants but they don't fully work for me, I still have anxiety. I actually took myself off them a year and a half ago and thought I was starting to feel better but in reality I was getting progressively worse. Everyday my stomach would be in knots and I would end up vomiting. The drive to work is barely tolerable. I started losing weight. I get the panic attacks because I think about them. I think about them meaning, I hope I don't have one but the thinking about it tends to cause me to panic. I just recently started getting anxiety when I'm stopped at a red light. Especially if people are next to me and I can't go anywhere I feel stuck. I've learned that is called Agoraphobia. I feel fine when I'm home, its when I'm not is where I get anxiety and/or panic. Mt first panic attack was when I was 23. I had partied all night with friends and we were on I-4 in bumper to bumper traffic. All of a sudden my mind started racing and I felt really weird. I ended up burying my head in my friends lap. That was the beginning of something that has changed my life forever.

1 comment:

  1. As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 19 kilos lighter than we do.

    (Just so you know, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING to about "how" they are eating.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    Click this link to find out if this quick questionnaire can help you discover your true weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete